Performs radio-graphic procedures to assist in a diagnosis of disease and injuries. The X-ray Technician works effectively with patients and patients' families and maintains a cooperative relationship with interdepartmental personnel by performing the following duties.
1. Ensures that all equipment is turned on.
2. Directs patient to x-ray room.
3. Processes patient x-ray orders in computer system.
4. Performs radiographic procedures as prescribed by a physician.
5. Determines proper technique through the selection of voltage, current, and exposure time.
6. Positions patients for the proper view of the affected area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies. Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of practical experience.
Fluent in English and Spanish in order to communicate with our patients.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Completion of a training program in radiologic technology from an approved school.
Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
Active licensure from the State of Florida.