Social Worker (BSW)
The social worker is experienced in case management, gerontology and familiar with the community resources. The social worker reports directly to the Social Work Manager and works under the Chronic Disease Management Department, the incumbent is responsible for assessments and referrals to proper resources as well as psychosocial interventions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assists in the development of a system to assess and intervene with social work referrals.
- Provides telephonic support, assessment and information and referral services to clients managing various chronic health conditions.
- Participates in the determination of overall needs for social services of LMC patients.
- Assists in the development of overall resource requirements to meet identified needs.
- Helps implement current research findings to support clinical social work services best practices on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in the delivery of care as scheduled. Performs and documents patient’s screenings, progress and referral information.
- Assists in the process of advocacy for patient’s access to resources through community programs and coaching to the patients, when appropriate.
- Communicates treatment plan to patients, families and appropriate staff.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the caregiver, physician, medical assistant, director, service assessment, case management, utilization review, home health care and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients.
Skills / Requirements
This position requires self-direction, as well as a being a team member. Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in social work or case management or in providing patient education, counseling and making referrals for other services. Experience with geriatric social work is preferred.
- Possess skills to deal effectively with patients/families/caregivers
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively with patients and staff members
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Exhibit above average and self motivated behavior
Bachelors of Social Work
Fluent in English and Spanish in order to communicate with our patient population
Positions available in centers throughout Miami-Dade County
Job Status: Full Time