Security Systems Technician
Security Systems Technician
The Security Systems Technician installs, programs, maintains, and repairs security systems including wiring and equipment ensuring that work is in accordance with relevant codes and organizational expectation. The incumbent of this position, resolves immediate operational and/or safety concerns and maintains a preventive maintenance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs and services access control, intrusion alarm, closed circuit television systems, and other various security related systems following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Tests and repairs circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Examines systems to locate problems, such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Drills holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, or floors.
- Mounts and fastens video cameras and attaches electrical wiring to connect components.
- Adjusts sensitivity of units, based on room structures and manufacturers' recommendations.
- Responds to Help Desk requests of Bus DVR System issues and drives onsite to conducted appropriate repair including camera replacement, cable running, and electrical testing.
- Troubleshoots Access Card Readers and Door Hardware problems to determine concern and course of action.
- Follows up with product support for warranty and replacement issues.
- Keeps a log of all services completed and submits weekly report to Senior Security Specialist.
- Responds to Help Desk "Track-It" system requests in a timely manner and enters resolution into the system when work completed.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to the above summary.
Leon Medical Centers is Miami's leading healthcare services provider serving Medicare patients since 1996. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
- Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Ability to use test equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical principles.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience with security system installations or with basic electrical wiring. Experience in the low voltage industry (Fire/Security/Low Voltage/Telecom/HVAC) is desired
High School diploma or its equivalent.
Fluent in English and Spanish desired.
Would prefer one of these certifications
- Networking Certification (i.e. Comp TIA, CCNA, or CCNP), low voltage cabling certification
- Electrical Contractor or Alarm System Contractor (I or II) Certification issued by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations
- Security System Installation, Repair, and Inspection Technology/Technician Certificate
- Electronic Security Association (ESA), including Level I and Level II Certified Alarm/Security Technician (CAT), Certified Service Technician (CST) or Certified Systems Integrator (CSI).
- Completion of Electronic Systems Technician, Electronic Technology or related vocational training program
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work schedule is approximate and hours/days may change based on company needs. All full-time employees are required to complete forty (40) hours per week as scheduled, including on weekends and holidays. Position requires the ability to work extended hours when necessary.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed indoors.