To perform this job successfully, an individual must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies. Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrates leadership and management skills. Excellent knowledge of computerized information systems and their application. Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and organizes activities in nursing services to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician.
- Consults with Medical Director on nursing problems and interpretation of LMC's policies and procedures to ensure that patient needs are met.
- Takes and records patient's vital signs, dresses wounds.
- Assesses the patient; collects and documents the patient's current health status and medical history. Makes accurate and ongoing assessment of patient's status and respond appropriately.
- Observes patient and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise, and professional manner. 7. Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patient's charts.
- Assembles and uses such equipment as I.V., aerosol, oxygen suppliers, etc.
Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patient, family members, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing by performing the following duties.
Associate in Arts degree in Nursing or greater
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluent in English and Spanish.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida registered nurse license, CPR certificate, ACLS