- Prepares treatment rooms, inventory supplies and instrument.
- Obtains blood specimens and collects non-blood specimens such as urine for laboratory testing.
- Initiates peripheral intravenous line.
- Assits with the patient interview process.
- Performs venipunctures and finger sticks using the aseptic technique and in accordance with department procedures.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be patient in dealing with an elderly population. Must have knowledge of medical terminology. At least two (3) years of experience as a Phlebotomist, or in additional areas of patient health care in a clinical setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current Phlebotomy certification.
- Medical Assistant certification highly desirable.
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.