Compiles and records employee time and payroll data. Computes employees' time worked, wages deductions, and bonuses, and prepares paychecks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Understands and maintains the integrity payroll database.
- Responsible for accurately updating information and processing payroll.
- Maintains calendar indicating scheduled pay dates, pay increases dates, and dates when employees are to be added to benefit programs that require payroll deductions.
- Enrolls all new employees, imports and sends the configuration to the appropriate clocks and or equipment.
- Ensures that all departments have submitted time and attendance data
- Ensures supporting payroll documentation is received along with the corresponding authorized back-up for all changes done in the system.
- Explains direct deposit and savings options to employees.
- Responsible for issuing payroll reports, as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills. Minimum three (3) years of payroll processing experience with strong knowledge of ADP systems, Enterprise, and Report Smith preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Must be detail oriented and work effectively both independently and in a team environment. Able to work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates degree or higher preferred