Provide clinical expertise in Mammography with emphasis in safety, quality and patient care. Performs both screening and diagnostic mammograms along with interventional procedures. The Lead Mammography Tech will work directly under the supervision of the Diagnostic Imaging Manager and Chief Radiologist to assist with planning, coordination and control of activities pertaining to Mammography.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist with the training of new hires, and conduct monthly quality assurance reviews.
- Work with Chief Radiologist on protocol development and review.
- Scheduling of employees to include on-call hours (if applicable).
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects.
- Serve as the technical reference to all clinical staff.
- Ensure all Quality Control measures are met.
Education: Must have graduated from a JRCERT Accredited Radiology Program.
Licenses and Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, Florida Radiologic Technologist License and Certified through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Mammography.
Experience: Minimum 5-8 years of Mammography experience. Experience performing Stereotactic Biopsies is required.