Maintenance Worker II
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains all LMC buildings by performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities.
* Replaces air conditioner filters on a monthly basis.
* Checks all fire extinguishers on a monthly basis.
* Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs.
* Works alone or with others to move furniture, equipment, or supplies as needed.
* Maintains an inventory of repair supplies and materials.
* Pressure cleans driveways and common areas.
* Maintains appropriate records of repairs and services performed.
* Answers all inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
* Demonstrates courtesy and politeness to patients, visitors and other employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. Specific vision abilities required to this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The work is performed outdoors as well as indoors. Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to the above summary.
Leon Medical Centers is Miami's leading healthcare services provider serving Medicare patients since 1996. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
At least 3 years of basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, grounds keeping, appliance repair, and electrical wiring experiance. Able to utilize standard tools and processes used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities. The maintenance worker regularly uses a variety of hand and power tools; is able to safely operate a forklift; reviews and identifies service and repair needs and communicates those needs to the maintenance manager. Communicates effectively in both oral and written form.
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Arts or Science strongly preferred.
*Certificate in one of the following trades desired: Pluming, Electrical or HVAC
* Fluent in English and Spanish.