Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) (Home Health)
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for the overall development and operation of the Social Work Services Program. The clinical social worker functions with the medical centers, care providers and the community as an educator, coordinator of services and direct patient care provider.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in the development of a system to assess and intervene with high risk patients.
2. Leads in the determination of overall needs for social services of patients.
3. Develops overall resource requirements to meet identified needs.
4. Develops policies, procedures and guidelines and supervises their implementation.
5. Utilizes current research findings to support clinical social work services best practices on an ongoing basis.
6. Participates in the delivery of care as scheduled.
7. Performs and documents patient’s screenings, psychosocial assessments, progress and referral information.
8. Assists in the process of advocacy for patient’s access to resources through community programs and coaching to the patients, when appropriate.
9. Communicates treatment plan to patients, families and appropriate staff.
10. Collaborates and coordinates with the caregiver, physician, medical assistant, director, service assessment, case management, utilization review, home health care and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients.
11. Provides support groups and individual counseling to patients on related psychosocial issues such as widowhood, coping skills, stress reduction, caregiver tips.
12. Provides a level of comfort to the patient in showing them they are dealing with a well- trained professional.
13. Provides informal teaching to the primary care physicians and LMC staff based on related patient psychosocial issues.
COMMUNITY COORDINATION, COLLABORATION AND EDUCATION
14. Coordinates and collaborates with Social Service Coordinators.
15. Provides on-going education /support and acts as a resource to key staff about community resources, methods of referrals, appropriate referrals and new programs for older adults.
16. Provides presentations and recruits presenters to provide patient education on wellness, social services, volunteer opportunities and other related subjects.
17. Serves as a liaison with the community in the updating of programs, community presentations to key LMC staff, presentations to community providers when appropriate and collaboration with the community/learning institutions focusing on best practices and evidence-based programs.
18. Participates in professional community meetings related to the Aging and Health field as well as professional development opportunities.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment. The Clinical Social Worker must possess a minimum of five (5) years experience in geriatric clinical social work.Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sensitive to hearing and/or vision deficiencies. Requires proven professionalism and the ability to deal effectively with patients, families, caregivers and a variety of internal and external resources.
Masters of Social Work from an accredited institution required.
Fluency in English and Spanish required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Clinical Social Worker licensed by the State of Florida.
Job Status: Full Time