Performs any combination of tasks to maintain the medical center in a clean and orderly manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that center is kept clean and orderly at all times.
- Replenishes supplies in all rest rooms and lunch room.
- Maintains lobbies, rest rooms, corridors, etc. in an orderly and clean manner.
- Empties wastebaskets periodically and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Assists in storing supplies when they arrive.
- Cleans all accidents following OSHA standards.
- Maintains the employee lunchroom in a clean and neat manner.
- Dust plants and furniture.
- Cleans exam room tables and equipment on a weekly basis.
- Cleans walls, glass doors and windows.
- Informs Center Administrator and/or Maintenance Worker when walls need to be painted.
- Verifies shipment order against actual invoice and notifies administration upon any discrepancies.
- Renders personal assistance to members and visitors.
- Wears a complete uniform and keeps a clean neat appearance during working hours.
- Participates in weekly line-ups.
- Participates in training and in-service education as required.
- Participates in department and center meetings as requested.
- Follows established lines of communication, and demonstrates courtesy and politeness to patients, visitors and other employees.
- Complies with LMC’s infection control policies and procedures including body substance isolation and the Exposure Control Plan, which reflects OHSA Bloodborne Pathogen standard to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Complies with Leon Medical Centers’ policies and procedures and maintains confidentiality in accordance with state and federal laws.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies. Employee must be able to work effectively in a team environment. Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent listening skills. Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
High school diploma or equivalent work experience preferred.
Fluent in English and Spanish preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work schedule is approximate and hours/days may change based on company needs. All full-time employees are required to complete forty (40) hours per week as scheduled, including on weekends and holidays.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. Individual will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working environment.
This position performs tasks that might involve exposure to blood and body fluids. All employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Engerix Hepatitis B vaccination series. The work is performed indoors.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 5000879334306