The Patient Care Technician ensures that deliveries are done in a prompt manner. All patients and caregivers must be fully instructed on the use of the services provided. Patient Care Technicians must follow all safety OSHA, DOT, guidelines.
1. Delivers home medical equipment and supplies to patients their place of residence, hospital, or rehab. Also ensures that patients are called ahead of time to confirm when delivery will take place, and to confirm patient is home.2. Operates company vehicle in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.3. Ensures the safe delivery and setup of equipment at the patient's place of residence, and utilizes proper protective equipment (PPE) at all times.4. Provides patient with all information necessary to obtain an informed consent, and insure that the individual understands his/her rights and responsibilities.5. Provides instructions to all patients and caregivers and asks for a re-instruction to ensure that all deliveries and instructions are understood6. Ensures that all inventory is properly accounted for and that all orders are closed with proper order numbers in order to maintain inventory accuracy7. Properly maintains company vehicle at all times8. Practices back safety when handling equipment9. Performs all duties in accordance with standards of practice using current principles of infection control.10. Rotates on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.11. Adheres to all personnel policies as mandated by company handbook with emphasis on uniform code and general safety conditions in a warehouse environment.12. Adheres to DOT regulation and law
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of experience in the DME/RT industry in any capacity, two or more years DME; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively and clearly with internal customers including customer service.
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Possess good organizational skill.
- Be familiar with medical terminology and DME.
- Dependable in attendance and job performance.
- Required to uphold the principles of compliance as outlined in the Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook and related policies and procedures. Supports and participates in the mandatory Compliance Program training initiative on an annual or more frequent basis, as required.