- Assigns orders to Patient Care Technicians depending on times and territory
- Must read notes on orders to ensure that orders are assigned properly
- Routes Patient Care Technicians as needed
- Monitors overtime and ensures that orders are routes as efficient as possible
- Handles ETA phone calls and complaints that may arise from a delivery or pick-up
- Generates phone calls as needed for Patient Care Technicians needing assistance when patients do not answer the phone, and a delivery is being attempted
- Monitors routes on a consistent basis to ensure efficiency; Provides daily updates to Director Of Operations
- Reschedules orders as needed and documents on all systems
- Handles all tablet and phone issues as needed with Patient Care Technicians
- Ensures all truck repairs, or maintenances are followed up on time and coordinated appropriately
- Assists the Patient Care Representatives as needed in providing information on an order, or assisting in coordinating a delivery
- Provides monthly updates on truck audits
- Monitors Analyzer Log to ensure that calibration is performed on a weekly basis. If not, he/she must report to the DOO
- Strictly adheres to company Policy and Procedures on Infection Control Safety
- Follows Company Policy on Patient Confidentiality
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Valid and Clear State Drivers License for 3 years.
- Motivated and able to function independently.
- Possess organizational and communication skills.
- Be flexible with work schedule.
- Dependable in attendance and job performance.
- Required to uphold the principles of compliance as outlined in the Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook and related policies and procedures. Supports and participates in the mandatory Corporate Compliance Program training initiative on an annual or more frequent basis, as required.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) prefered