Customer Service Representative
Ensures delivery of excellent customer service through efficient and accurate handling of patient requests. First point of customer contact for general inquiries, appointments, scheduling. Assists and directs all callers and schedules appointments with Leon Medical Center members by telephone. Trouble-shoots and resolves patient issues, concerns, or problems. Builds and maintains business relationships with patients by providing prompt and accurate service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and screens all customer inquiries and complaints in a professional, courteous, and caring manner.
Records patient contacts, including resolution or actions taken.
- Transfers caller to appropriate party following established conferencing procedures.
- Whenever possible, resolves questions directly so that patient receives prompt satisfaction.
- Provides excellent service to our callers that consistently exceeds expectations.
- Shows genuine concern for the caller’s needs and problems; maintains open channels of communication for feedback, compliments, and complaints; provides a level of comfort to the caller in showing them that they are dealing with a well-trained professional.
- Deals with irate callers in a manner that shows empathy and concern. Apologizes to the caller for LMC mistakes and immediately takes steps to remedy the situation.
- Schedules and cancels physician appointments. Records time and date of physician appointments in computer system. Calls patient if there are any changes in the appointment schedule.
- Coordinates transportation and medication delivery services if needed.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment. Must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies. Excellent listening skills are required.
A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience in a clinical setting.
Excellent interpersonal skills. Computer literate with the ability to learn a variety of systems and software.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Fluent in English and Spanish in order to communicate effectively with our patients.
This is a Full-Time position with excellent benefits including employer paid health insurance.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R