The CT Scan Technician is responsible for providing diagnostic procedure imaging as requested by LMC medical staff in accordance with specific guidelines of practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all required diagnostic CT scanning procedures, consistently demonstrating good judgment in evaluating the diagnostic studies for quality and diagnoses.
2. Recognizes and initiates treatment of allergic reactions, and notifies the responsible physician accordingly.
3. Responsible for providing diagnostic procedure imaging as requested by LMC physicians.
4. Contacts nursing stations to verify patient schedules, medications and special requirements or restrictions.
5. Coordinates the everyday activities of the CT department throughout the company.
6. Contacts radiologist when an emergency procedure needs to be performed.
7. Maintains the CT scanning equipment in good operating order. Cleans and maintains the CT room.
8. Ensures that equipment is working properly and reports equipment malfunction to appropriate company.
9. Maintains quality control of CT equipment.
10. Maintains accurate record of supplies inventory and requests necessary supplies through the appropriate channels.
11. Ensures that any required consent forms are signed prior to examination.
12. Participates in the delivery of care as scheduled.
13. Ensures all exams are performed according to ALARA principles, and keeps track of dosimeter following all radiation exposure and safety principles.
14. Maintains open channels of communication with other company departments.
15. Complies with Leon Medical Centers' policies and procedures and maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance with state and federal laws.
16. Complies with LMC's infection control policies and procedures including body substance isolation and the Exposure Control Plan which reflects OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
17. Support company mission statement and conducts job responsibilities in a manner that promotes Leon Medical Centers. Leads by example in professional appearance, maintenance of ethical standards, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
18. Participates in weekly line-ups.
19. Participates in department, clinic, and other meetings as requested.
20. Participates in training and in-service education as required.
21. Performs other related duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies. The CT Scan Technician must possess the ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to relate effectively with physicians, administrators, employees and patients. Must have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in CT imaging.
Two Year Certificate in Radiologic Technology or Associate of Science in a related field.
Fluent in English and Spanish is required.
Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Active licensure from the State of Florida;
Licensed by HRS State of Florida as a General Radiographer and as a CT Technologist.