CT Scan Aide
CT Scan Aide
The Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan Aide, under the general supervision of the CT Scan Supervisor or Technologist and within clinical policies and procedures, performs a variety of duties to provide assistance to the Radiology Department.
- Prepares treatment rooms, inventory supplies and instrument.
- Assists the CT Technologist with the verification of radiology orders exam diagnosis, and correct scheduling of CT exams,
- Identifies and retrieves prior CT reports as needed.
- Initiates peripheral intravenous line.
- Administers Iodine-containing contrast material.
- Assist with the patient interview process.
- Pays close attention to the patient's mental and physical comfort.
- Assists patients on and off exam table and escorts patients to and from the exam room,
- Provides exam explanation to the patient.
- Participates with calling radiology results as needed.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to the above summary.
Leon Medical Centers is Miami's leading healthcare services provider serving Medicare patients since 1996. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Some knowledge of critical lab values (BUN, Creatinine, GFR clearance)
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology
- Thorough knowledge of intravenous iodinates contrast reactions
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required and at least one (1) year of experience as a Phlebotomist, Medical Assistant or in additional areas of patient health care.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid State of Florida Class E Driver License
- Current Medical Assistant certification OR Current Phlebotomy certification