Adminstrative Assistant (C-Suite)
The Adminstrative Assistant provides support to a Vice President of the organization by managing and distributing information within the office. Including answering phones, taking memos, maintaining schedules, producing reports and maintaining files. Additional duties may include financial records keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also answers correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload. Recommends changes in office practices and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate routine and some non-routine correspondence and memorandums.
- Screen telephone calls and visitors and resolves routine and complex inquiries.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
- Operate a personal computer and appropriate software packages.
- Provides a high level of confidential administrative and personal support
- Must be able to make decisions when necessary
- Assist/coordinate with executive management meetings, board meetings, conferences, conference calls and other types of meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working as an Administrative Assistant , Excutive assistant or simialr role. Also requires the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Individual must be strongly self-motivated and highly organized. Must have knowledge of secretarial functions and office administrative procedures. Must have proven knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment. Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy. In addition the Executive Assistant must demonstrate:
- Strong working knowledge of administrative/specialized business support services as normally demonstrated through four to five years advanced administrative support experience at a progressively responsible level required, including management of projects.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
- Must possess independent decision making abilities, as well as, considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Ability to analyze non-routine administrative details of moderate to high complexity, and provide for an acceptable resolution.
College Degree preferred.
Bilingual in Spanish/English is required.
Job Status: Full Time