Accountant (Temp to Perm)
This is a staff position that provides financial information to the organization by maintaining and reconciling accounts.
* Maintains general ledger accounts by monitoring account preparation; entering amortizations of prepaid accounts; balancing job costs; updating monthly retainage, workers' compensation, and general insurance accruals; preparing monthly entries for fixed asset depreciation, accruals, amortization, and cost allocations.
* Summarizes current financial status by analyzing general ledger accounts; compiling and submitting financial statements.
* Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
* Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Provides financial information by answering accounting procedure questions; researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations; determining current charging of labor and materials.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills / Requirements
•Minimum 3 years of experience working at the level of an Accountant
•Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Time Management, Results Driven, Deadline-Oriented, PC Proficiency, Corporate Finance, Analyzing Information , General Math Skills, Objectivity
Job Status: Full Time