101 SW 27th Avenue | Miami, FL 33135
Under the supervision of the Access Manager, the Access Coordinator assists Leon Medical Centers’ patients as well as walk-ins with eligibility, application, and education of social services available for them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works on special projects with the Community Outreach Department to assist patients with internal LMC programs.
- Works solely with Leon Medical Centers patients.
- Determines the individual’s needs and screen patients for potential eligibility for the social services available for them.
- Provides necessary forms and documentation in preparation for eligibility determination.
- Educates patients about the services they can benefit from.
- The Access Coordinator works with the Access Representative to submit information to Department of children and Families and other entities that provide Social Services in the community.
- Completes the on-line trainings on ACCESS Florida portal required by the Department of Children and families.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sensitive to hearing or vision deficiencies. Individual must have excellent oral and written skill. Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to manage multiple priorities, colleagues, and initiatives or projects simultaneously. Ability to work under pressure, exceptional time-management and problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Fluent in English and Spanish required.
EDUCATION & Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent.
One (1) year of experience in social services, family services preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Professional of Human Resources (PHR or SPHR) preferred.